Master of Computer Application
MCA Lateral Entry (Direct Second Year)
A recognized Bachelor's degree of minimum 3 years duration in BCA, B.Sc. (Information Technology / Computer Science) with mathematics as a course at 10+2 level or at Graduate level and obtained at least 50 % (45 % in the case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying degree examinations.
||List of campus
||Placement Winners (2012-2013)
- An immaculate track record of 100 % students clearing Anna University exams, since the MCA programme was started in 2008.
- All through the course, 1 hour a day allocated for Skill Development Programmespanning English, Arithmetic and Logical Reasoning, Group Discussions, Technical programs, industry trends in computing, preparation for Interviews, making paper presentations and a variety of soft skills.
- Training students to participate and present papers in Anna University symposiums and in Top ranked college symposiums.
- Training and Placement cell (A Minimum of 15 Campus placement programmes, in collaboration with VIT University, Vellore)
- Plans underway for in-Plant training
- More than 60% of current final year students maintainabove 80% acadamic performance in Anna University Exams
- NSS-Cell and RRC-Cell for creating awareness on Tree Planting, Blood Donation, Natural Disaster Management, Eye Care, Menace of Drugs, Tobacco Control, Flag Day, AIDS, Cancer etc.
Some recent achievements of the department include:
- A Guest Lecture on "Software testing and career opportunities" headed by distinguished Industry professionals.
- A one-day workshop on "Web Services" by eminent professors.
- "Introduction to Web Services"
- "Web Services Architecture"
- "Demo on Web Services"
- A POSTER EXHIBITION on "WEB SERVICES".
- A POSTER EXHIBITION on "RECENT TRENDS IN IT".
Total No. of Papers presented in various Universities/Colleges by students III MCA : 8 | II MCA : 10 | I MCA : 10
GOALS OF THE DEPARTMENT FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2013-2014
Customary feats : 100% pass result in Anna University Exams : Producing a minimum of 75% of the students from each class to obtain more than 80% marks in Anna University Exams
Craving feats : 100% placements in "on-campus interviews"