On successful completion of the programme, the graduate shall be able to
- Design, manufacture and assemble mechanical components and systems,
- Solve engineering problems by analysis and empirical methods, including application of the computer,
- Install, commission, operate, maintain and service plant / machinery, tools and equipment,
- Prepare and read engineering drawings,
- Prepare and present engineering reports, and
- Apply relevant social science principles to manage engineering organisations and maintain cordial human relations.