M.E – VLSI Design
M.E. VLSI Design or Master of Engineering in VLSI Design is a postgraduate VLSI Design program. The VLSI Design absorbs and assimilates the latest development in the field of emphasizing on hierarchical design methodology and practical applications. M.E. VLSI course emphasis is on the structure and function of the complete system. A detailed study of the subsystems that comprise the overall system is carried out. The technical knowledge provided in the course on different aspects of the system will help the students in understanding the functioning of the system. This will further help in providing the necessary expertise required by the industry.
M.E. VLSI Design Employment Areas
- Colleges & Universities
- HCL Technologies
M.E. VLSI Design Job Types
- VLSI Technical Lead
- Physical Design Engineer
- VLSI Project Designer
- RTL Networking Design Engineer
- VLSI Design Engineer
History of the Department
The Department of ME programme (VLSI Design) was started in the year 2013, with a vision to produce globally competent professionals.The department has 6 spacious and well-equipped state of art laboratories and smart classrooms. The department has highly qualified and rich experienced faculty members coupled with young talents and supporting staff.
The department has secured 11 university ranks. The department has established Professional bodies like IETE, IEEE, ISTE and IEI student’s chapters. The department has established two Centre of Excellence in the field of Embedded Systems in association with TEXAS and PLC and SCADA in association with Siemens powered by GENN Automation.
- A two-year PG program offered to provide a broad knowledge and practical experience in VLSI Design with fundamentals in ASIC design, Digital and Analog design with six areas identified for Professional electives handled by Ph.D. qualified and experienced faculty members. The program boasts of an exclusive well equipped lab with state-of-the-art EDA tools, FPGA & embedded processor based development boards and computing facilities that is available to student use during regular and beyond regular course schedule. Students have access well equipped library with quality textbooks & reference books, and e-journals including IEEE, Elsevier, Springer, and others.
- The program allows students to complete their Master’s thesis internally under the guidance of our faculty or externally through Industry experts with a strong emphasis on research and development.
Our Vision & Mission
Our VisionM.E – VLSI Design
To be a centre of excellence for development and dissemination of knowledge in Electronics and Communication Engineering for the Nation and beyond.
Our GoalM.E – VLSI Design
- Adapt to evolving technology.
- Provide optimal solutions to real time problems.
- Demonstrate his/her abilities to support service activities with due consideration for Professional and Ethical Values
Our MissionM.E – VLSI Design
- To impart industry and research-based quality education for developing innovative Electronics and Communication engineers.
- To enrich the academic activities by continual improvement in the teaching-learning process.
- To infuse confidence in the minds of students to develop as entrepreneurs.
- To develop expertise for consultancy activities by providing thrust for Industry-Institute Interaction.
- To Endeavour for constant up-gradation of technical expertise for producing competent professionals to cater to the needs of the society and to meet the global challenges
- Each and every year our department has producing minimum three to five Anna university Rank Holders in Anna university Examinations
- our student Mrs.K.Komathi, Mrs.B.Ramya has secured 24th & 50th rank holder in Anna University Examination.
- Our department has conducted one day workshop in IoT Domain
- Recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education AICTE
- Adopted Outcome-Based Education (OBE)
- Highly qualified and experienced Faculty with subject expertise
- Facilitates compulsory Internship for students in reputed firms
- Comprehensive Curriculum Design – inclusive of internships, mini-projects, Soft skills and aptitude training, industrial visits, and disruptive technology like AI, IoT, Machine Learning, etc.
- Strong alumni network to improve Industry Institute Interaction
- Project exhibitions to demonstrate students’ research & innovation in the areas of IoT, Big data and Cloud computing
Our Students Placed Companies