Master of Business Administrator
The MCA department was established in 2010. The students are educated beyond blackboard with special lectures, seminars, industrial visits, etc. The students are given opportunities to equip themselves to fit in the field after their studies. The Department has a student association that organizes a National Level Technical Symposium every year, inviting students from various institutions statewide to provide an opportunity to participate in the events like paper presentations, debugging, software contests, etc.
The Department provides excellent infrastructure with a well-equipped computer laboratory of 60 dedicated computers for the students with all required software. The Department is supported by a fully equipped seminar hall with audiovisual facilities.
The faculties of this department are well qualified and are in constant pursuit of higher learning to give the latest information to the students in the field of Computer Applications. They have publications in reputed journals and also provide support for innovative project works, training including both soft skills and technical skills.
The department offers 2 year Full-time MCA Program. The primary objective of this program is to train graduate students to meet the growing needs of the Information Technology industry.
- The mission is to impart employability and creativity to the students, to live up to the standards of the IT industry.
- Experienced faculty members with good capabilities.
- Faculty members with ample Industry experience and profound caliber.
- Valuable lectures delivered by renowned personalities from the reputed Industries, for the benefit of the students.
- State-of-the-art teaching resources, and well-equipped labs, library, etc.
- Students’ seminar to increase the presentation, skills, and leadership qualities.
- Effective Industry Institute interaction is achieved through seminars, workshops, and guest lectures. This encourages professional discussion between the students and the participating managers from the industry. This also gives the students a chance to envisage their roles in the industry beforehand.
- Enhancing the knowledge of the students by interacting with the Industry skills, and their leadership qualities.
Vision & Mission
Our VisionMaster of Business Administrator
To be the source of bringing out globally competent pioneering computing professionals, researchers, innovators and entrepreneurs and thereby succeed and contribute value to the knowledge-based economy and society.
Our GoalMaster of Business Administrator
Adapt to evolving technology.
Provide optimal solutions to real time problems.
Demonstrate his/her abilities to support service activities with due consideration for Professional and Ethical Values
Our MissionMaster of Business Administrator
- To offer high-grade, value-based postgraduate in the field of Computer Applications.
- To provide a conducive environment so as to achieve excellence in teaching-learning, and research and development activities.
- To offer tasks for experiential technology-intensive knowledge through collaborative and interdisciplinary activities.
- To provide appropriate forums to develop innovative talents, practice ethical values, and inculcate as enduring learners.
- To facilitate students to nurture skills to practice their professions competently to meet the ever-changing needs of society.
The college possesses a separate building dedicated to the PG library services. It is the abode of all books that are rare and precious, catering to all technological domains. Numerous periodicals are made available with the intent of improving the technical standards on par with IIT’s and RECs. One of the fascinating aspects of the library is the presence of computer-based tutorials, facilitating the faculty and students to learn in the best possible way. Along with a rich collection of journals, books, back volumes, project works, CDs, video cassettes, etc., online catalogs listing the available books, the library also provides free internet service to students.
- Each and every year our department has producing minimum three to five Anna university Rank Holders in Anna university Examinations
- In 2020 our student V.UVALAKSHME has secured Third Rank in Anna University Examination.
- Our department has conducted one day workshop entitled as “ SPYADROIT 2K20”
- Recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education AICTE
- Adopted Outcome-Based Education (OBE)
- Highly qualified and experienced Faculty with subject expertise
- Facilitates compulsory Internship for students in reputed firms
- Comprehensive Curriculum Design – inclusive of internships, mini-projects, Soft skills and aptitude training, industrial visits, and disruptive technology like AI, IoT, Machine Learning, etc.
- Strong alumni network to improve Industry Institute Interaction
- Project exhibitions to demonstrate students’ research & innovation in the areas of IoT, Big data and Cloud computing
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
- To prepare students to pursue lifelong learning and do research in the computing field by providing solid technical foundations.
- To provide students with various computing skills like analysis, design, and development of innovative software products to meet the industry needs and excel as software professionals.
- To prepare students to communicate and function effectively in teams in multidisciplinary fields within the global, societal and environmental context
On successful completion of the program:
- Computational knowledge: Apply knowledge of computing fundamentals, computing specialization, mathematics, and domain knowledge appropriate for the computing specialization to the solution of complex problems.
- Problem analysis: Identity, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex computing problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, computing sciences, and relevant domain disciplines.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex computing problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, and cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis, and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern computing and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex computing systems with an understanding of the limitations.
- Research Aptitude: Ability to independently carry out research/investigations, identify problems and develop solutions to solve practical problems.
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship: Identify a timely opportunity and using innovation to pursue that opportunity to create value and wealth for the betterment of the individual and society at large.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the professional computing practice.
- Individual and teamwork: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex system building activities with the stakeholders and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES (PSO)
PSO 1: Able to select suitable data model, appropriate architecture, platform to implement a system with good performance.
PSO 2: Able to design and integrate various system based components to provide user interactive solutions for various challenges.
- Arranged Guest lecturers through pioneers from the industry
- Monthly department association Meeting
- Industry visit twice in a semester
- National Level Workshop, Seminar and Conference organized to share the knowledge
- Student convention conducted every year.
- Conducting Guest Lecture by eminent personalities in various fields of Computer Engineering.
Industry Expectations – A path to Success
HCL Career Development Center